The Regional Account Manager is responsible for managing regional customers, maintaining a long term business relationships with our customers and maximising sales opportunities within them.
Main duties of the Regional Account Manager include:
- Full responsibility for pricing and contract management within your customer base. Including effective negotiation with customer to get favourable outcome for BC in terms of volume, margin or other business metrics e.g. delivery qty.
- Focusing on growing and developing existing customers, together with generating new business. Key targets would include the introduction of new products focusing on our value added products. You would be instrumental in influencing the NPD funnel driven by trends you have identified in the market.
- Understand customer market, capability & position in order to create a joint business plan to drive growth in all major BC activities e.g chocolate, cocoa, specialities. Manage the customer relationship on a cross functional basis to deliver highly professional service for the key accounts.
- Develop positive working relationships with key stakeholders within the customer including, sales, buying, technical, NPD and supply chain.
- Contract Management - Ensure timely administration of contract bookings and payments including formal follow up with appropriate parties e.g. customer / pricing officer / credit control. Arrange and manage quarterly business reviews with regional partner customers. Ensuring relevant cross functional participants.
- Creation and management of regional partnership documents.
- Be able to articulate and comment on all major raw material markets at any time and be competent in recommending purchasing strategies to the customer. Be aware of direct and indirect competitors of BC and take responsibility to share / take action based on this. Good awareness of macroeconomics is needed to build credibility within customers.
Requirements of the role:
- A minimum of 2 years work experience within a food or manufacturing environment with experience of large account management. Excellent communications skills, verbal and written including presentation skills, articulate and confident in delivery
- Strong account management and relationship building skills.
- An ability to manipulate data, with strong computer literacy in all office programmes and Google applications as well as Salesforce. Experience of business to business selling is essential.
- High interest in commodity markets. Experience of analysing market information and forecasting sales opportunities
- Proven track record of delivering business growth, prospecting and ability to secure positive networking relationships.
- Highly self-motivated, resilient and strong (internal) collaboration skills.