Buyer, Purchasing Analyst (Zurich)
The Purchasing Analysts develops and runs reports on regular and ad-hoc basis on the measurable KPIs for the business, as well is keeping the role of continuous improvement manager for the systems, tools. All this with the objective to allow the Purchasing Department to make fact based decisions. The Buyer is responsible to obtain the best purchase conditions for BC, for goods/services that are fit for the purpose, taking in account the needs of the organization. Main objective: cost management.
Transport Buyer - activities
- Responsible for purchasing a transport solution for the internal customers. Coverage : multiple sites.
- agree consistent specification with internal customers and suppliers.
- Understand market forces, research and evaluate Vendors
- Develop sourcing strategies, issue RFP
- In close collaboration with the assigned Cross Functional Teams analyse proposals
- Define particular terms and conditions, Negotiate proposals and finalise contracts
- Manage contracts, Supplier Relationship
- Follow legislative changes
- Evaluate service levels and initiate change when necessary
- Evaluate processes, applied business model for consistent improvement in cost and service
- Seek input and feedback from internal customers, and CFT
- Document and institute best practices
Purchasing Analyst - tasks
- Supports the Indirect Spend Purchasing Department with data enhancement, data collection, analyses and reporting on regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Leads cross-functional teams to drive purchasing initiatives and improve bottom line performance. Solicits assistance from subject matter experts, and others within the business, as required.
- Maintains current and accurate understanding of a broad base of commodities, service categories and general business conditions. Tracks material/service costs, and performance using approved. metrics and tools. Analyzes trends and makes corresponding sourcing decisions that contribute directly to the company’s competitive position. Supports projects and initiatives.
- Supports contract administration.
- Assists with systems user training and technology implementation including regional data collection and reporting.
- Assists in maintaining purchasing data and systems.
- Education: University Degree (Supply Chain, Finance)
- Experience (type): 1-3 years' experience with supply chain, purchasing
- Knowledge or specific business understanding:
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Purchasing processes,
- A thinker who’s flexible with change,
- detail-oriented and organized,
- English language is a must,
- good communication and negotiation skills