Category Buyer - Packaging (Zurich)
This is a role of a packaging category buyer as you will be tasked with accurately procuring packaging materials at the best overall value ready for production, ensuring that quality, cost and delivery are all balanced. You will be working with suppliers covering all aspects of the purchase from putting terms in place to ensuring that packaging materials are delivered as per agreed conditions. Scope: managing the specific assigned categories of packaging materials over Barry Callebaut sites in Europe according to the strategy defined together with the Packaging Category Manager, and execute transactional tasks (SAP system – contract management, purchase orders, and other systems as may be required, solving supplier related issues, checking invoices in case of discrepancies, etc.).
Responsibilities of the packaging buyer:
- Work closely with the Corporate Category Manager to make sure that Purchasing goals are well achieved, according to defined strategies, business priorities, Group policies and principles.
- Prepare & implement the sourcing category strategy for the materials in scope with the Category Manager.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders in order to ensure the necessary buy-in for the sourcing projects.
- Assist the Category Manager with the development of an Annual Savings target and the budget preparation for the following year.
- Prepare and produce spend and market analysis. Research and analysis across categories of spend to determine potential opportunities regarding process/sourcing enhancement within the cluster.
- Manage the relationships with suppliers as required and appropriate.
- Use SAP system to manage Supplier info records; keep the SAP system updated with any supplier pricing or lead-times.
- Ensure all contractual terms are in place with Suppliers.
- Integrates operationally the suppliers and contractual terms selected together with the Category Manager (collecting samples, SAP registration, assisting the QA approval process, contract implementation and monitoring etc).
- Manages and executes directly through the procurement process the materials assigned under own lead covering the relevant production sites in Europe: constant benchmarking, organizes requests for proposals and tenders, offers evaluation and negotiation of the best price, terms and conditions, in accordance with the plants’ required service level and specifications.
- Purchase in a professional manner for all services and components in line with current demands
- Execute procedures to enable the plant locations to have consistent practices to enable the purchases consolidation with our suppliers to take maximum advantage of available volume discounts.
- Assist Supply Chain at all plant locations with any issues relating to supply. This encompasses Suppliers, purchases and policies.
- Manage supplier performance through reporting and expediting all products purchased and periodical supplier evaluation.
- Be able to work in a cross-departmental manner, supporting projects with procuring new products through an ability to communicate clearly and knowledgeably.
- Ensure that materials sourced are received in line with the standards set out by Quality Control, and working to provide solutions to any rejected. Resolve supplier quality and supplier non-conformance concerns.
- Responsible for the research and compiling of all purchasing information including price history, quality, and service etc. for bid proposals.
- Could be assigned to special projects as may arise.
Key Requirements of the Buyer:
- Bachelor Degree
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- 3-5 years of experience in Procurement/Sourcing in a similar role, with multiple sites experience.
- Experience within Manufacturing or FMCG industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- Working knowledge of SAP systems (MM module).
- Self-motivated and adaptable, able to work independently and strong team-player.
- Ability to negotiate and good problem solving skills.
- Influential and tenacious.
- Able to prioritize and multitask in a fast moving environment.
- Language skills: English fluent, any other language is an asset