Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment.
We make what matters work.
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Full Stack Engineer, you are passionate about your craft. You will be involved in the architecture, design, and management of large-scale, highly-distributed, multi-tenant data stores. In addition to building and maintaining these data stores, you will also work to ensure that the data is easily accessible and available to data scientists and business users across the enterprise when and where it is needed.
You will work within our world class Center for Intelligent Power Team in Dublin and will engage with our Business Units across the world.
Your key deliverables
- Work with your team and others, contributing to the architecture, design, and management of secure, large-scale, highly-distributed, geo-redundant, multi-tenant data stores
- Support schema creation for optimized storage while ensuring security
- Recommend, set up, integrate and utilize Big Data tools and frameworks as required
- Recommend and set up appropriate performance monitoring solutions
- Demonstrate and document solutions by using flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, code snippets, and performance instruments.
- Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions.
- Author high-quality, highly-performance, unit-tested code to extract and transform data based on business and data science needs
- Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality solutions that solve end-user problems.
- Develop and execute agile work plans for project delivery
- Explore and recommend new tools and processes
- Integrate multiple sources of data through efficient ETL and other workflows
- Collaborate broadly across multiple functions (data science, engineering, product management, IT, etc.) to make key data readily available and easily consumable
Do you have?
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering
- 5+ years’ of progressive experience in developing and designing technology solutions,
- 3+ years’ of experience in the software industry as a developer, with a proven track record of shipping high quality products,
- 2+ years of experience preparing big data infrastructures, integrating data from disparate systems, and managing these systems"
- Ability to write complex queries that are accessible, secure, and perform in an optimized manner with an ability to output to different types of consumers and systems
- Strong knowledge of Hive (or similar language) to perform ad hoc queries of large datasets
- Solid understanding of relational and non-relational database systems
- Experience with in-memory, file-based and other data stores
- Solid understanding of Java and/or Python and associated IDE’s (Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc.)
- Basic understanding of data visualization tools such as Power BI and/or Tableau
- Extensive experience with Agile development methodologies and concepts
- Strong problem solving and software debugging skills
- Experience building APIs to support data consumption needs of other roles
- Time management, and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledgeable in leveraging multiple data transit protocols and technologies (MQTT, Rest API, JDBC, etc)
- Knowledge of Hadoop and MapReduce/Spark or related frameworks
- Knowledge of cloud development platforms such as Azure or AWS and their associated data storage options
- Knowledge of MongoDB, Document DB, CosmosDB
- Knowledge of Scala
Then we want to hear about you!
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.