Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment.
We make what matters work.
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Eaton is proud to announce the launch for our new cutting edge Research and Development Center based in our global headquarters in the heart of Dublin. In the age of Big Data and the Internet of Things, our Center for Intelligent Power focuses on technical capabilities to help develop next-generation power management products and services.
As a Data Scientist you will be directly involved in the application of machine learning, statistics, and analytic approaches to answer challenging business questions. This work will help businesses across the enterprise solve critical business problems, uncover new business opportunities, and turn their large volumes of data into valuable, actionable insights. You will be part of a global world class innovation team and will interact with many different business units in EMEA.
Your key deliverables
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and management of secure, large-scale, highly-distributed, geo-redundant, multi-tenant data stores
- Support schema creation for optimized storage with retrieval flexibility
- Recommend, set up, integrate and utilize Big Data tools, frameworks and performance monitoring solutions
- Evaluate business requirements
- Author high-quality, highly-performance, unit-tested code
- Develop and execute agile work plans for iterative and incremental project delivery
- Explore/recommend tools and processes
- Integrate multiple sources of data through efficient ETL and other workflows
- Collaborate across multiple functions
Do you have?
- Derive, interpret and effectively deliver the results of data analysis
- Understand traditional and new data analysis methods
- Utilize a broad range of techniques in machine learning, data mining, statistics, and big data interrogation methods
- Work directly with business stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality solutions that solve end-user problems
- Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions
- Assist other engineering teams with their data science initiatives
- Experience in Design Thinking or human-centered methods
- Advanced degree and/or specialization in related discipline (e.g. machine learning)
- Knowledge of big data platforms (Hadoop, Azure, etc.)
- Experience preparing big data infrastructures, integrating data from disparate systems, and cleansing data
- Experience with visualization techniques
- Demonstrated ability to apply machine learning to large-scale industrial data
- Familiarity with machine learning libraries and frameworks such as (PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.)
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.