Corporate Services (CS) - Information Technology (IT) – Business Services Department (BSD) – Finance and Lending Applications Division (FLA) – Front Office Lending Unit (FOL)
(Associate) IT Project Manager / Business Analyst
This is a full time position
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The (Junior) IT Project Manager / Business Analyst (internally referred to as (Associate) Officer IT Applications) will manage projects based on Java technologies in the fields of Credit Risk Management (Loan Grading application) and Lending Support (Serapis application).
- Loan Grading is used to quantify the credit risk of specific lending projects according to regulations (Basel III, IFRS9)
- Serapis is EIB’s cornerstone application for its core lending activity. It is used to manage the whole portfolio of EIB’s investment products throughout their lifecycle and is an essential enabler of every new EIB activity
Within the Front Office Lending Unit, s/he will be working in a team dealing with the full life cycle of IT projects, including analysis, design, implementation and maintenance.
The incumbent will report directly to the Head of the Front Office Lending Unit. The unit is composed of 7 internal staff members and 20+ external consultants; in charge of every new Serapis and Loan Grading project and of their maintenance.
Internally, s/he will work in close cooperation with the other unit members as wells as with representatives from other IT Division and business Directorates. Externally, s/he will interact with external suppliers of software and/or software-related services.
The (Junior) IT Project Manager / Business Analyst will be responsible for:
- Taking project management responsibilities, coordinating with business users and other IT technical teams, this includes:
- Estimating the cost of projects and planning their execution
- Participating in the preparation and writing up of project documentation such as the business case, the project charter, and progress reports
- Managing the day-to-day operational aspects of a project; ensuring its delivery within planned time, scope and budget by anticipating issues and taking mitigation actions
- Leading business analysis sessions and reviewing the business requirement documents
- Proposing technical solutions and reviewing all technical deliverables to meet qualitative objectives
- Supervising a project team of 1 to 3 external IT consultants
- Adopting and promoting best practice in project management
- Ensuring that IT policies and initiatives in own domain are implemented and key operational processes are run in the most effective and efficient way
- University degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Finance or related fields
- At least 3 years of experience as JavaEE developer and/or Business Analyst
- Previous experience in Java development is strongly preferred
- Experience as project manager of Java-based projects would be an advantage
- Hands-on experience in software development lifecycle including the supervision of 1 to 3 developers
- Knowledge of finance or credit risk management would be an advantage
Key technical/professional knowledge and skills
- Exposure to JavaEE applications architecture / design / coding
- Strong interest and knowledge in business analysis and requirements formalisation
- Business analysis skills, preferably in a banking environment
- Excellent knowledge of English and French(*), with a good knowledge of the other.
EIB core competencies
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement for particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages.
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability
- SOA Analyst and Project Manager
- Risk Management IT Project Managers
- Senior Project Manager (Core Banking)