The EIB, the European Union's bank is seeking to recruit for Corporate Services (CS) - Information Technology (IT) – Business Services Department (BSD), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Risk Management IT Project Managers
These are full time positions at grade 4/5
The term of these contracts will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The Risk Management IT Project Managers (2 positions) (internally referred to as Officer IT Applications) will be responsible for the management of IT projects in the field of Risk Management. They will notably ensure clear and thorough communication between all stakeholders in the relevant project planning and reporting.
- Position #1 is in the Financial, Liquidity and Operational Risk Unit, which provides IT services in the fields of FX/IR risks, liquidity ratios, liquidity stress test, derivatives pricing, AMA capital charge and Net banking income. The Unit maintains and further develops off-the-shelf packages (Algorithmics, SAS OpRisk, SAS Analytics) and bespoke applications using technologies like PHP, Matlab and DataStage.
- Position #2 is in the Credit Risk and Regulatory Unit, which provides IT services in the fields of economic and regulatory capital, large exposures, impairment, counterparty scoring, anti-money laundering and “Know Your Customer”. The Unit maintains and further develops 1 bespoke and 4 off-the-shelf software solutions, namely Moody’s Analytics Risk Authority, Moody’s Scenario Analyser, RiskMetrics SaaS and uComply. It also delivers important AML-CFT and Basel regulatory projects part of a bank-wide initiative called Best Banking Practice.
The incumbents will report to the Head of the Financial & Liquidity and Operational Risk Unit (position #1) or to the Head of the Credit Risk & Regulatory Unit (position #2) and whenever required to the Head of the Risk Management and Best Banking Practice Division. Each Unit is composed of 6 internal staff and several external consultants.
Externally, they will deal on a daily basis with key external parties (software vendors, providers of outsourced services, peer groups) in the Risk Management area in order to optimise the level of service and to stay abreast of best practices. Internally, they will work in close cooperation with the other Unit members, as well as with their colleagues from other IT divisions and business Directorates.
The Risk Management IT Project Managers will be responsible for:
- Estimating projects costs; planning their execution according to resources capacity and priorities. Tracking the progress of each individual project contributing to the committed Unit roadmap
- Managing the day-to-day operational aspects of a project, ensuring its delivery within planned time, scope and budget by anticipating issues and taking mitigation actions
- Writing up the project documentation such as project charter, business case, test scripts, progress report and meeting minutes. Reviewing all technical deliverables to meet qualitative objectives
- Leading business analysis sessions, understanding in depth the scope of the project, reviewing and providing feedback on business requirement documents and actively manage the scope of the project
- Organising, structuring and leading workshops to understand complex business requirements, challenging these with the goal to propose the best possible IT solution while remaining cost effective for the Bank
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors including procurement aspects for the flawless execution of projects
- Reporting accurate, meaningful and timely project status to all involved parties, escalating issues as necessary
- Monitoring solutions and projects performance through KPIs
- Adopting and promoting best practices in project management
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Finance or related fields
- At least 3 years of experience as an IT Project Manager in the Banking sector, including supervision of development teams.
Key technical/professional knowledge and skills
- Excellent knowledge of finance and risk management, including Basel regulatory frameworks, quantitative finance principles, AML, credit and liquidity risk
- Experience in selecting, implementing and maintaining off-the-shelf software packages
- Experience in data integration and analysis
- A project management certification (Prince2 or PMP/PMI) would be an advantage
- Good understanding of relational databases and development languages. e.g.: Unix scripting, Python, P/L SQL, Java/J2EE and PHP
- Fluent in English and/or French(*), with a good working knowledge of the other.
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement for particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages.
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability
- SOA Analyst and Project Manager
- (Associate) IT Project Manager / Business Analyst
- Senior Project Manager (Core Banking)