The Application Development and Maintenance division (ADM) contains several departments across different European locations.
We ensure Euroclear’s competitiveness by delivering reliable and sustainable IT solutions for the financial securities markets.
Our department is responsible for developing applications (from requirements to implementation) that are critical to the business of our clients.
We are looking for Application Analysts to join the ADM development teams.
These teams are responsible for the development and support of Mainframe or Windows applications running on a time-critical infrastructure.
You will support/participate to business development needs :
- assist Application Designers by gathering information and performing analysis about existing software applications
- undertake application or system design activities with the support of more experienced colleagues
- carry out application maintenance and enhancements in line with Euroclear guidelines
- undertake testing activities/support the testing teams (problem analysis and bug fixing) during the testing phases of projects
- actively participate to documentation tasks
- share knowledge with colleagues
- correct software applications running in production (bug fixing)
- progressively ensure daylight support of the applications delivered in production; this is a perfect opportunity to put your acquired knowledge into practice
- You will work in a well-structured IT organization
- You will receive technical and on-the-job coaching to progressively evolve to one of the various possible career paths (f.i. : Designer, Test Analyst...)
- You will also have the opportunity to work in a multi-cultural environment : on the short to medium term, we expect you to coach, share best practice and knowledge with the offshore teams responsible for coding and located in India. This could include exceptional trips to India to meet with peers
You have :
- an IT, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics, Sciences related degree (Bachelor, Master, PhD)
- strong analytical skills
- strong affinity for IT and new technologies
- interest in Finance, capital markets
- very good communication skills
- self-learning ability (you're ready to dive into new technologies and extend your own expertise)
- ability to quickly adapt into an international and diverse company
- ability to work on several tasks in parallel while sticking to deadlines set
- experience in sharing knowledge
You are :
- meticulous in your work
- pro-active; you escalate in due time any blocking issue to avoid delay in projects delivery
- clients focus and delivery oriented
- a strong problem solver
- able to express well-founded opinions and understand their consequences
- able to work with a virtual team
- at ease in a fast and changing environment
- fluent in English
Any relevant practical experience in the domain (e.g. thesis, internships in IT) is an asset.