You will be part of the Security Governance team in the Security and Architecture Division. The team primarily deals with IT risk management, ensuring that the ECB’s IT systems are protected against cyber security threats and providing guidance and advice in all matters related to IT security. Our tasks also include raising awareness of cyber security threats among staff and external contractors and educating our colleagues through workshops, intranet articles, security awareness tests and other interactive measures.
As IT Security Awareness Expert you will:
• organise, design, prepare and deliver lively and interesting workshops and training, primarily on security awareness topics such as phishing, advanced persistent threats (APTs), secure browsing, social networks, social engineering, internet of things (IoT), CEO fraud, various types of malware and secure handling of passwords;
• demonstrate your creativity and IT security expertise in the creation of new security awareness material, including news articles, leaflets, presentations, short videos and live hacking demos;
• act as the main contact for all questions related to security awareness and coordinate the required support from external parties or other divisions;
• devise new security awareness modules based on the latest developments in the area of IT security and shape security awareness at the ECB in a user-oriented and helpful way;
• provide guidance and support to your colleagues related to the creation of security-related communication materials which effectively communicate complex matters in appealing and comprehensible ways;
• contribute to speeches and presentations on IT security at the ECB addressed to external audiences at, for example, inter-institutional meetings and industry conferences, including topical input, preparation of materials and delivery
You will be part of multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
• a master’s degree in information security or other relevant field
• a minimum of three and ideally five or more years of professional experience in the field of information security;
• a minimum of one year of professional experience in security awareness roles;
• experience in training delivery and in presenting and speaking to large audiences;
• advanced or mastery-level command of English;
• an advanced command of English with proven experience in writing effective high-quality documents;
• a moderate command of at least one other official language of the EU;
• a working knowledge of MS Office, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
You engage collaboratively with others. You pursue team goals and learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. You analyse complex information effectively and can evaluate different views to arrive at solutions. You know and anticipate stakeholder needs.