• are inspired by a grand vision that is worth pursuing,
• get a strong sense of gratification from supporting others,
• want to be home-based, yet work with people from around the world,
• thrive as an intrapreneur by taking ownership and finding solutions,
• value fun, fulfilment and personal learning over money?
Perhaps we have just about the right opportunity for you:
GAIA Insights is a boutique firm providing innovative leadership development programs for corporate talent. Our clients are global players in various industries, and all our programs are tailor-made and one-of-a-kind, typically running for 12-24 months. We’re a young company outgrowing our start-up phase with lots of things to learn while establishing a stable business. To partner with new clients and to run more programs, we are expanding our team.
• aim for nothing less than to make the world a better place,
• live our values of Transparency, Courage, Positivity and Passion every day,
• promise our clients Commitment, Excellence, Collaboration and Sustainability,
• offer permanent part-time employment (10-20 hours a week – any days),
• would love to explore if we could be the dream job you thought did not exist!
If this sounds appealing, please read on…
You will enjoy this role if you like to…
- support a global team in the planning and execution of international leadership development programs by providing solid accounting services
- work directly with the leadership team, incl. confidential and sensitive task management
- perform classic accounting tasks, such as managing and monitoring accounts payable and receivable, invoicing, liquidity planning, international payment transactions, online banking
- prepare year-end closing of accounts with Swiss tax advisor; deal with Swiss bank inquiries
- execute related administrative tasks, such as scheduling and managing payment runs, tracking payments, processing expense reimbursement
- issue, maintain and file documents, spreadsheets and invoices, incl. version control
- ensure timely communication with internal and external stakeholders, use various communication channels simultaneously on a day-to-day basis
- collaborate with a global team of hard-working enthusiasts
- truly embrace diversity, ambiguity and complexity
- work 100% remotely, shape your own role and work flexible hours
As a small business, we perform all accounting tasks manually and do not (yet) have a software solution for this. You will enjoy this role if you like to implement efficient processes, to optimize workflows and if you don’t mind manual transactions!
You are the right person if you meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience as an accountant or in a similar role; experience with corporate learning and development processes is a plus
- Well versed in Swiss Tax and Accounting legislation, experience with international invoicing and accounts payable and receivable is a must
- Fluent English and German, both written and spoken; additional languages welcome
- Excellent organization/coordination skills, incl. multi-tasking, prioritizing, keeping an overview and delivering towards deadlines
- Very strong detail orientation, diligence and analytical skills, good with numbers
- Well organized, reliable, self-motivated and willing to go the extra mile
- Professional stakeholder management, balancing different timelines and conflicting interests, understanding urgency versus importance
- Always thinking a step ahead, keeping the end-goal in mind, asking smart questions
- Resilient when dealing with ambiguity and the “growing pains” of a business
- Excellent user skills of Microsoft Excel and familiar with many of the following applications: Adobe Connect, Outlook, PowerPoint, Sharefile, Skype, Word, Yammer, etc.
- Fully equipped home office with stable internet connection 24/7
- Ready to start as soon as possible
If you think this opportunity is for you, we would love to hear from you!