Performance & Simulation Engineer, eBoosting
Based in Stuttgart (Schönaich), Germany
Are you an Engineer who enjoys getting results and quickly grasping the business requirements and customer needs?Are you motivated to take appropriate actions in a pro-active manner, even to tight deadlines? Are you an integrative thinker –constantly assimilating diverse and sometimes conflicting information and opinions to make well-considered decisions? Can you demonstrate Technical Excellence – being a professional engineer with up-to-date knowledge of major engine system technologies and their interaction with boosting systems?
At Honeywell, we look for people motivated by a genuine wish to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Show us your communication and organization skills and enjoy a collaborative interaction with commercial partners!
Honeywell Transportation Systems (TS) is a strategic business group of Honeywell International Inc. TS is a leading automotive turbocharger developer, supplying technology solutions to nearly every major automaker and truck manufacturer in the world, as well as a global automotive supplier of braking components. Honeywell TS enhances vehicle performance, efficiency and appearance through state-of-the-art technologies, world-class brands, and global solutions tailored for its automotive customers around the world.
- Identifies key linkages between electric boosting devices and powertrain performance parameters, including interactions with emissions and combustion systems, summarizing possible novel operation strategies enabled
- from electric boosting products
- Proposes testing and analyse results to quantify electric boosting products performance impact on overall powertrain and vehicle performance
- Supports successful innovation, pre-development, development, and bid of electric boosting products
- Contributes to the evolution of simulation tools and techniques in coordination with the Powertrain Centre of Excellence
- Delivers performance and simulation expertise on electric-boosting-equipped vehicles in front of global customers, including coordination with product line and customer team application engineers for turbo matching
- Creates technical response to customer requirements by developing and documenting technical proposals and presentations
- Supports customer tech roadmap discussion and simulation
- Translates needs into value to enable value assessment and capture in the product offering and bid process
- Key contributor for the Technical Roadmap of the Product Range, and electric boosting strategy development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Preferred Mechanical)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with turbos or boosted, diesel or gasoline engines
- Advanced level of verbal and written communication skills, conflict resolution abilities and group facilitation skills
- Language - Fluent English, German understanding
- Comfortably interacts with customers and cross functional teams at all levels of organizational structure.
- Knowledge of turbo performance, matching, integration, engine design/construction
- Capable of powertrain performance simulation, including e-machines, using commercial software like GT Power
Great positions in good industries! Our technologies are changing the world! Be part of Innovation! Join us!