R&D Bearing Development Engineer
Based in Thaon-les-Vosges, France
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Honeywell Transportation Systems team!
Transportation Systems is the true pioneer of automotive turbocharging dating back more than 60 years, and continues today as the world's leader in turbo technology solutions and an experienced supplier of electric boosting products and automotive software to support passenger cars, commercial vehicles and off-highway equipment.
With a worldwide footprint of engineering centers, testing labs and manufacturing facilities, Transportation Systems serves all major automotive companies to implement key differentiated technology offerings.
Are you curious about what this role implies?
R&D Bearing Development Engineer focuses on bearing system development, from dimensioning by simulation, design, testing up to industrialization. The scope of activities covers ball bearings for light vehicle turbochargers. He/she collaborates with cross functional teams to ensure the product achieves customers’ requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Roles:
- Develop specific bearing system components by ensuring cooperation between design, manufacturing, product lines, procurement, product assurance and protos. Work on a daily basis with the product line to ensure appropriate bearing system is developed according to the needs, in terms of quality, cost and delay. Write technical reports and supervise components designs. Participate to design reviews, risks and FMEA analysis.
- Enhance team expertise on ball bearing technology, and contribute to the methodology development for the dimensioning and validation of such bearing system
- Apply and participate in the development of standard methodologies for bearing system dimensioning by simulation and testing (e.g. rotordynamics, FEA, component and on engine testing). Lead and/or participate to specific internal team projects.
- Ensure efficient communication within the team and with internal customers
- Propose costs reduction on components and ensure components reliability design. Control design & development in terms of vibro-acoustics, balancing & noise supported by required expertise.
- Ensure components standardization and provide documentation linked to the components execution and release.
- Valorize technical competencies to achieve products requirements and whenever it is possible, sustain innovation through new materials or technologies integration
- Collaborate with Science team for testing new concepts and validation of new methodologies and tools. Support test laboratory for new component testings and development of new test instructions
Then you should have:
- PhD graduate preferred, or College/university graduate with an engineering degree and demonstrated experience in rotordynamics
- 0-3 years of experience in product development preferably in automotive industry
- Strong knowledge of rotordynamics and associated tools
- Preferred experience/knowledge of ball bearing technology
- English both oral and written is essential
- Hands-on approach
- Strong leadership profile (team builder, motivator, team player)
- Strong communication skills (remote reporting, customer contact)
- Strong conceptualisation skills (identify & document issues/solutions)
We are offering:
- Competitive salary and an attractive benefits package
- Extensive training programs
- Career growth opportunities
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development
- Dynamic and international work environment
Great positions in good industries! Our technologies are changing the world! Be part of Innovation! Join us!