Mondelez International LLC is a US$26 billion snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries and our brands marketed in 165 countries. It’s a great time to join us; we employ over 100,000 people around the world and are a company full of the world’s favourite brands - Cadbury Dairy Milk, Philadelphia and The Natural Confectionery Company to name just a few. As well as the countless opportunities our business brings, we have fantastic people who do amazing things for our business and their own careers, every day.
The Head of Demand Planning has three major functions.
The first is to manage the demand planning process and lead the ANZ Demand Planning team in the production of a forecast of future demand, and to ensure that the output of this process is fully integrated into the overall IBP process.
The second is to identify and implement new business processes and systems that ensure the highest possible forecast accuracy and lowest possible forecast bias, whilst minimising the administration burden, both internal & external to the demand planning team.
Finally, the Head of Demand Planning plays a critical interface role between the commercial teams (Sales, Marketing and Category Development) and the Supply Chain and Finance teams in providing analysis and insight, and challenging assumptions and beliefs regarding historical and projected performance, so that we can balance supply and demand and ensure the delivery of the business’s financial targets.
Lead the Demand Planning team:
Manage the ANZ Demand Forecasting process:
Champion the IBP Process as Project Lead for Demand Planning:
• Thorough understanding of statistical modeling and other mathematical concepts
• Detailed understanding of the principles associated with IBP
• Demonstrated broad business knowledge and experience
• Advanced skills in Microsoft packages specifically Excel, PowerPoint.
• Intimate knowledge and experience in operating with leading ERP systems such as APO, Demantra or equivalent.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills and aptitude
• Exceptional commercial acumen
• Good verbal /written communication skills
• An ability to easily move from the detailed to the abstract
• Advanced presentation skills
• Proven ability to operate effectively at all levels of the organization and an ability to build strong, constructive relationships and positively influence a diverse stakeholder group
• Proven ability to nurture and coach a team to success
• Ability to conceive, and bring to reality, new and improved ways of doing things
• Passion for business processes and process re-engineering.
• Degree Qualified
• Significant FMCG experience including leading a team
• Likely to come from a planning or logistics background
• Proven leadership of large scale organization transformation efforts