Mondelez International LLC is a US$26 billion snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries and our brands marketed in 165 countries. It’s a great time to join us; we employ over 100,000 people around the world and are a company full of the world’s favourite brands - Cadbury Dairy Milk, Philadelphia and The Natural Confectionery Company to name just a few. As well as the countless opportunities our business brings, we have fantastic people who do amazing things for our business and their own careers, every day.
This position will be responsible for completing activities applicable to product costing, capital budget preparation, operational variance analysis, annual operating plan development, internal compliance and control reviews and cost improvement analysis. Development of long term manufacturing plans for the site and identifying value optimization opportunities is a key deliverable. The site has significant tax advantages and adherence to financial and operational SOP’s on the same is a key requirement.
• Driving cost review process to ensure adherence to annual budgets
• Managing the cost efficiency program of the unit with periodic review of site performance on key financial & operational indices and developing a cost roadmap with the factory leadership.
• Maintaining accounting process and system hygiene with adherence to SOP’s
• Drive working capital management in factory
• Trial balance and Schedule review to drive balance sheet hygiene and efficiency
• Maintain costing systems and support new product costing
• Driving effective risk management at the site with robust finance processes including SOX controls
• Interaction with auditors (Statutory, Internal, Sox) with overall responsibility for the financial controls at the unit
• Ensuring that the records/returns required under various commercial laws are kept/submitted properly and up-to-date, and also ensuring that various commercial laws (eg: Excise, Sales Tax, VAT, TDS, Service Tax, Works Contract, etc) are complied with.
• Working with the legal and central taxation team on handling excise/ service tax issues.
• Preparation of capital budgets for the unit. Evaluation of financial viability of capital investments. Monitoring and controlling the capital spends and driving capital stewardship
• Review of KPI’s at third party processing locations, rate negotiations and financial control over operations.
• Drive process improvement through benchmarking within and outside the organization
- Contributing to ISC initiatives such as IL6S, HPWS and other plant specific agenda, as part of plant leadership team.People development, including embedding of high performance work systems culture, implementation of rigorous performance appraisal (KRA), closure of PDP process and training system for subordinates
The ideal candidate
Experience: Minimum 8 years’ experience in Accounting and Costing, with good experience in factory related Statutory (Commercial laws) requirements. Exposure to logistics would be an added advantage.
• Must have significant exposure to costing systems and processes
• Proven financial leadership to factory management team with a focus on continuous operational improvement and strategic capital planning.
• Must have a high degree of analytical skills and be detail oriented with the ability to work independently.
• Flexibility to adapt to a dynamic and fast paced high performance work system
• Exhibit learning agility and display potential to grow in the organization by taking up diverse and challenging assignments.
• SAP experience is preferred