At Mondelez we create delicious moments of joy. Our success in large comes from the 95,000 employees in our global supply chain who are responsible for creating, manufacturing and delivering the products our consumers love.
The Plant Lead is responsible for leading, coaching and developing our manufacturing teams to identify best practices and improvements that will increase our productivity, efficiency and effectiveness. This is a leadership role requiring strong partnerships across the business and within the category to ensure delivery of the Integrated Supply Chain agenda in line with our commercial goals. This role will work cross functionally to develop the 3 year strategic plan and annual operating plan, proactively identify key strategic opportunities and link strategy to action to enable safe, reliable, flexible and cost efficient manufacturing capability that is a demonstrable competitive advantage to Mondelez.
Our quest is to be the best and this role will be responsible for creating a “results focus” by building business understanding and ownership across all levels. Our goal is to have every employee with an action plan aimed at achieving these common business objectives where their individual work is tied to the business need. This role will ensure clarity of the Compelling Business Need of what the manufacturing site must achieve to support business success. This role is responsible for ensuring the operation consistently delivers against safety, quality, service, cost, sustainability and compliance through 100% engagement and a Zero Loss mindset. We must leverage our integrated lean six journey and pull on our central capability to continue to drive toward best in class.
The Plant Lead will need to demonstrate a strong focus of developing and maintaining a highly engaged, performance-driven, values-led, culture. Building a pipeline of talent at/across sites with peers and proactively developing and driving key development activities and moves will be imperative to the future success of the site.
- Ensure that safety and quality are never compromised.
- Develop and drive the 3 year site strategic plan aligned with the category that delivers exceptional year on year performance. Maintain solid relationships with leaders in the SBU to ensure a united and long term focus of the business is upheld and leveraged in annual operational plans and actions.
- Together with functional Managers, develop the site and functional annual operational plans and targets to meet Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Sustainability, Engagement goals. Clearly communicate the plans and targets to employees to ensure alignment and understanding around priorities, focus and KPI’s.
- Drive the site Operational performance and Continuous Improvement plan to constantly improve and deliver against best in class both internally and externally.
- Ensure ‘continuous improvement’ thinking is the basis for all team operations and the tools within it are understood and used widely, ensuring a zero loss mindset.
- Lead the site Operations team to identify and manage improvements to technology, culture, capability and operating systems to deliver a best practice and reliable operation.
- Manage, Review, Control and continually act to improve against the site Operating Budget, ensuring a proactive management of actual and potential variances.
- Relentlessly pursue adherence and improvement to Daily, Weekly and Monthly balanced scorecard performance standards and expectations.
- Ensure clarity of the Compelling Business Need of what the manufacturing site must achieve to support business success.
- Ensure all Corporate Quality and H&S procedures and operational standards are in place, understood, and compliance is achieved. Develop a behavioural based safety culture.
- Ensure key processes of integrated business planning (IBP) are effectively implemented and supported and form a key part of the way we work.
- Role model business principles and values and drive improvement in leadership skills and capability through effective coaching and mentoring and the development of effective education and training opportunities.
- Work with the ISC leadership teams and site leadership teams to identify and implement critical levers to drive the attraction and retention of critical talent for the site and drive capability development at all levels, both technical and behavioural, to build a sustainable workforce profile for the future.
- In conjunction with the site leadership team, develop an employee relations strategy for the site that builds and drives an engaged and performance driven workforce that demonstrate the core company values and behaviours.
- Interface with and provide appropriate leadership around community issues and events of relevance. Build relationships with local government and key industry leaders.
Measure of success
- Delivery of the annual operating plan and the achievement of KPI’s
- Best in class safety performance enabled through culture, capability and systems.
- The establishment and ongoing development of a renewable and high performing Site Leadership Team
- The development, implementation and continuous improvement of underpinning manufacturing performance processes and systems.
- Ensuring the site has the technical, operating and management skills to meet the performance and innovation needs of the business.
- Consistent and sustainable delivery against key performance targets, inclusive of:Safety
- Fixed and Variable Costs to Budget and Forecast
- Customer Service delivery and Plan Adherence
- Performance Improvement Targets
- Morale and motivation of the workforce
- An engaged workforce that is change responsive, flexible and adaptable.
- Pipeline of talent identified, engaged and developed to move across the business and into business critical roles
- A positive engagement with local community, government and regulators.
- Direct and Indirect Reports, inclusive of Functional Business Partners (HR, Quality, Supply Planning & Finance).
- R&D, Commercialisation Managers, Engineering, Logistics
- ISC Director
- Head of HSE ANZ and HSE team
- CI Manager ANZ and IL6S Teams
- Business Development and Engineering Teams
- QA Manager ANZ
- Head of CS&L and team
- Category teams (Sales, Marketing)
- Local Government
- Regulatory Authorities
- Employer Associations
- Employee Representatives
The ideal candidate
- Bachelor Degree in business management or equivalent Technical qualification e.g. Food Science, Logistics, Engineering
- Significant experience in leading manufacturing performance in a fast moving manufacturing environment with exceptional results. Preferably FMCG Experience, with a career that has seen time at the Front Line and/or Manufacturing Manager level. Demonstrable and intuitive knowledge around:
- The fundamentals of good manufacturing practice
- Process improvement and optimisation
- Reconfiguration and imbedding of new or enhanced technology
- Managing Costs and Variance in a manufacturing environment
- The motivators and engagement levers for shop floor based performance
- A track record of improving and sustaining business performance through developing teams and process.
- Experience as a successful coach and/or mentor
- Experience as a change agent and leader
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Financial Acumen and high level of comfort around P&L and Balance Sheet Management
- Experience in managing the Employee Relations Agenda and managing change in an Industrial Environment.
- Strong Working knowledge of HSE, Quality Management and ISO certification
- Experience in interfacing with the broader Supply Chain and Commercial functions and a high level of capability around managing relationships and outcomes with Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Logistics, Customer Service, Category and Sales.
- Experience with SAP and Microsoft office products
- Timely problem solving & decision making
- Forward thinking
- Influencing Skills
- Coaching & developing others (includes talent identification and succession planning)
- Ability to lead, engage and motivate a team
- Drive for exceptional results
- Well-developed planning skills
- Strong oral & written communication skills and the ability to communicate the business vision, strategy and plan to employees and stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong customer & stakeholder focus and management
- Learning agility - Change agile, mental agile, people agile, results agile, self-awareness
- Ability to confidently and competently manage ambiguity and complexity
- Strong Commercial acumen
- Practical and pragmatic