Summary As AGV System Engineer you will apply advanced technical knowledge to the design, production and implementation of OCEANEERING AGV systems. The System Engineer provides technical leadership and oversight for large and/or complex projects under the direction of a Project Manager. The System Engineer assists the Project Manager in defining and managing resource requirements, schedule, and cost for projects under his/her cognizance. The System Engineer guides the overall technical approach and provides direction for all other engineering disciplines throughout the project from initial concept to successful installation. Ultimately the System engineer is responsible for ensuring the correct technical solution is developed to meet the Customers' stated needs within project schedule and budget. Given that we have global Customers travel to Customer facilities for technical working sessions and system installations is required. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently performs difficult engineering tasks to completion that may include a variety of complex features, conflicting design requirements and the need to coordinate the work of others.
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions are expected.
- Develops detailed specifications based on initial Customer requirements.
- Proactively manages technical risk throughout a project including hazard analysis and FMEA.
- Develops test plans and acceptance criteria, oversees test execution.
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Develops objectives, schedules, and estimates for difficult assignments.
- Directs and supervises the activities of moderate to large size teams of engineers, designers and subcontractors.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Interacts with customer technical representatives to define and manage customer expectations.
- Uses team management skills to lead the engineering group during the conceptual phase of system development.
- Assesses vendors for technical competence and capability.
- Give support to Sales in generating concepts and technical solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
CompetenciesTo perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities together with the project manager; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Education and/or Experience
- Technical Bachelor degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university. Master's degree preferred.
- As a minimum 5 years Engineering experience in complex system design, manufacturing, and integrations environment.
Language Skills Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Excellent written and oral communications in English are essential. Written and oral communications in Dutch and/or German would be advantageous. Reasoning Ability Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to act independently generating innovative solutions to complex solutions is desired. Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft. Essential Job Functions The role requires a customer/client focused attitude, an ability to interact with customers/clients and to remain calm and professional in a demanding and dynamic work environment. The role requires willingness to travel abroad internationally for several weeks at a time during system installation. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Interested? Click here to send your CV to Maria