Summary The Electrical Engineer is an engineering position within the Engineering Department. The Electrical Engineer will work from electrical concept design to detailed electrical design of complete Automatic Guided Vehicles and sub components of the automatic transport system. This includes design of electrical infrastructure for this system with the customer. The Electrical Engineer will make detailed design in electrical schematics for our assembly department or supplier, and will work together with System Engineers, Mechanical Engineers and Software Engineers to come to a solution for the customer. He will be responsible for selecting the different components necessary and generating an electrical BOM (Bill of Materials). The Electrical Engineer will work as part of a project team, participating in all aspects of the planning, design and production of engineering designs and equipment The Electrical Engineer informs the assembly department on the scope of work and assists them when questions arise. The Electrical Engineer will also support the Service Department when questions on electrical engineering arise. The Electrical Engineer takes responsibility for the development of Oceaneering’s knowledge and capabilities in Automatic Guided Vehicle electrics and systems. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently performs difficult engineering tasks to completion that may include a variety of complex features, conflicting design requirements and the need to coordinate the work of others.
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions are expected.
- Work within the day to day QA requirements and procedures of the Company
- Develops electrical concept designs based on the system specifications for the project and in collaboration with the mechatronic project team.
- Detailed electrical design and drawings of the of AGV (automatic guided vehicle) and its components by using Eplan P8
- Electrical designing and drawing of infrastructure components
- Select new electrical components from the market to apply to technical solutions.
- Delivery of electrical schematics and BOM to support both purchasing and assembly
- Prepare of reports and design calculations, and assist with control of aspects of engineering projects with regard to technical matters
- Develops electrical acceptance test plans and acceptance criteria for the assembly department or suppliers.
- Compile work instructions for assembly and service technicians.
- Ensure that all designs and specifications are peer reviewed, and participate in checking the documentation of others.
- Support engineering projects, products and equipment as required
- Proactively manages technical electrical risk throughout a project.
- Support the supply chain in assessing and qualifying new suppliers, materials and products.
CompetenciesTo perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpectedevents.
Education and/or Experience HBO level in engineering or a demonstrated equivalent level of competence is required; +3 years of experience in a similar environment or field; experience of electrical designing equipment is essential; relevant experience working on machinery and/or industrial automation is preferred Language Skills Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Reasonable level of written and spoken English is required, and a good level of spoken and written German would be advantageous. Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and, PeopleSoft, as well as working knowledge of Eplan P8. Essential Job Functions The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Interested? Click here to send your CV to Maria