Location of the Job: China (Jianmen) or South Korea (Cheonan)
Purpose of the job
The Production Manager leaching & precursor manages the production activities of the precursor plant to produce rechargeable battery precursor material within budget and cost price, in the volumes ordered by the customer, in the right stable quality, while following EHS rules and assuring people satisfaction in his/her department.
The production of precursor produced from a variety of raw materials through the leaching setup needs to provide a cost competitive product for the cathode materials production. The precursor production department needs to be streamlined to flexibly produce with a wide mix of raw materials at a low cost, with a consistent quality and excellent safety performance. Being directly responsible for the Process safety requirements of the PSM sensitive installations. In order to sustain these developments, continuous development of the key people in the production department will be key.
- Define the yearly production OPEX budget. Regular follow up of the cost price while setting, following up and realizing ambitious cost saving targets. Set forward yearly priorities for the CAPEX investments in the leaching & precursor production;
- Regularly review the short term planning and update the long term production planning in accordance with the customer forecast, as well as the raw materials and sub materials planning;
- Responsible to calculate and set optimal mix of raw material input in view of process ability, production throughput, quality and cost of the precursor process and able to give the optimal raw material type and quality needs towards the supply team. This with the support of the Precursor PT manager;
- Continuously follow up the production performance: product quality, process stability, OEE...; standardize the production conditions, stimulate continuous improvement (lean, 5S, QCC, 6 sigma projects,...);
- Execute the production part of the ROCE strategy by setting, following up and communicating objectives and KPI’s in the department;
- Implement the ACE strategy in the production department by taking the lead to continuously improve the department’s safety performance, with a special attention to the PSM requirements and to reduce the workers exposure to dust and the overall environmental impact of the UMK production plant;
- Organize the work in the production department. Assure development and retention of people at all levels with a specific focus on development of the key people within the production department, emphasizing on developing self-sufficient teams.
Discusses the supply needs of raw materials with the business supply team or with BU suppliers. Plans the production volumes and timing together with other BU customers Continuously communicates directly with people at different levels of his/her organization. Works closely together with the warehouse and internal logistics coordinator for all internal logistics, packaging, labelling and inventory related arrangements and with the AM department for expansion, improvement and maintenance of the installations. Interfaces with the PT department for process improvement, transfer of new products and establishment of new lines. Directly interacts with all supporting departments at UMK: TQM department for analysis of the product and product quality, EHS for improving the safety performance and workplace conditions, Plant Controlling for cost follow up, SS for purchases and logistics, HR for hiring and evaluating people.
- Min BSc with experience in an operational environment, dealing with wet chemical and dry powder processes;
- Knowledge and understanding of hydro metallurgical processes, specifically for battery materials;
- Knowledge of operations management (planning, production systems, 5S, Kaizen,...);
- Basic knowledge of product cost calculation;
- Basic knowledge of Q, E and S management systems (ISO 9001, TS16949, ISO 14000, OSHAS 18001);
- Computer skills: office software (Excel, Access, Word and Sharepoint);
- Basic knowledge of statistical tools (6 sigma);
- Firm knowledge of process safety requirements;
- Good written and spoken English communication;
- Good communicator, strong interpersonal skills, promoter of cross-department cooperation;
- Ability to organize and coach his team and to organize project teams;
- Control and manage projects by means of PX methodology;
- Ability to identify and solve problems;
- Ability to define needs and promote change;
- Analytical thinking, problem solving ability;
- Self-motivation, reasonable, opened mind, organization skills and adaptability to change team spirit;
- Positive attitude and challenge spirit for new environment.
Interested? Click here to send your CV to Valerie