The live Event is now over. Click here to view the chat again.
IT Architecture & Technology is part of Volkswagen Group IT’s approach to take on the challenges posed by the digital transformation. Digitalization has a substantial influence on the core processes of the automotive industry. New technologies and digital trends are radically changing the way we build cars. Volkswagen has initiated an organization-wide transformation for the VW Group to ensure that processes and business models support the dynamic growth and digital future. Our goal is to provide digital platforms powering efficient and secure development of digital products and ecosystems. We leverage and integrate innovative Cloud-based technologies incl. Big Data Analytics, Platform-as-a-Service and both Public and Private Cloud services.
With our partners in Group IT we collaborate in agile, interdisciplinary, autonomous teams and give room for innovation. We believe in mutual respect, continuously focusing on our value proposition and permanent optimization in our way of working.
• Conception and Design of functional and technical architecture and architecture requirements for services regarding Internet of Things and Connected Car
• Implementation of cloud based services and interfaces based on Open-Source-Technologies for messaging, monitoring, data bases, container management, stream data processing
• Scouting and evaluating new technologies in this area, management of feasibility and risk analysis, working out sustainable solution concepts, lifecycle-responsibility for managed services
• Definition of task- and project-related processes and methods (ie. CI / CD)
• Timely delivery of technologies for vehicle and end customer projects
• Bachelor or Master in computer science, engineering or any kind of comparable degree or expertise
• Architectural skills of cloud based IoT backends and its typical technologies for their implementation like messaging (i.e. Apache Kafka), monitoring (i.e. Nagios Xi, grafana, Elastic Search, Kibana), databases (i.e. MongoDB, mysql), container management (i.e. Kubernetes, Rancher, Mesos), Stream Data Processing (i.e. Apache Sparc, Apache Nifi)
• Knowledge in Java and/or Scala
• Practical experience in agile teams (SCRUM / Kanban)
• Practical experience in requirements management
• Skills in the identification of dependencies between organization, process and technologies
• Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
• Fluent in German and English language
• Above average teamwork with excellent communication capabilities
• High level of proactivity
• High level of customer orientation
• High analytical capabilities
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally