The Volkswagen Software Development Center (SDC) is part of the Volkswagen Group strategy that works to address the challenges of digital transformation within the company. We are located in Wolfsburg and Berlin. Data-driven services and business models will play an increasingly important role in the future for both industry and society. Our goal is to develop products that go beyond our traditional core business. We will fundamentally transform our customers’ mobility experience and support the Group on its path toward becoming an integrated mobility service provider. The philosophy of the Volkswagen Software Development Center represents a new form of collaboration throughout the company. This includes the culture within our team based around flat hierarchies along with the collaborative way we work together.
As a designer, you work in agile teams to create user-centred designs and safeguard the user experience for the software products developed. In the process, you support the software developers by providing the necessary design assets in the form of graphical elements, animations, etc.
• Advising the product owner about all usability issues
• Coordinating and implementing complete UX concepts
• Determining user needs by using qualitative and quantitative methods and deriving the solutions for innovative products and services
• Developing and designing demanding interface concepts and designs for responsive websites and mobile apps
• Responsibility for the uniform design language and behaviour of UI elements taking into account the corporate design
• Carrying out usability analysis as well as optimising, prioritising and categorising the results
• Further enhancement of existing products with creative ideas and innovative solutions
• Communication and agile collaboration with a multicultural and interdisciplinary balanced team
• A completed degree specialising in interaction design, visual design, human computer interaction, communication design or a comparable qualification is desirable
• Several years of experience in the field of UI and interaction design for complex web applications and/or mobile apps
• Initial professional experience with design work in agile teams
• Knowledge of the development process of a software product from the beginning to the end
• Advanced knowledge of user-centric design, as well as methods for determining user needs
• Knowledge of current trends in mobile web, mobile applications and UX design
• Experience with design and prototyping tools (Sketchapp, Flinto, InvisionApp, Adobe products, etc.)
• Very good analytical skills and strong quality awareness
• Fluent Business English skills
Information in accordance with directive 1999/94/EC as amended: further information on the official fuel consumption and the official specific CO2 emissions of new cars can be found in the 'Guide on the fuel economy, CO2 emissions and power consumption of all new passenger car models' available free of charge at all points of sale in Germany and from DAT Deutsche Automobil Treuhand GmbH, Hellmuth-Hirth-Strasse 1, D-73760 Ostfildern, Germany or at www.dat.de.